What It Takes to be a member of Di Vita Organic Co-op
A Look at Our Policies
- We are local to Monterey County. We have a central location, several drop areas or we can ship your items directly to you.
- We deliver 1 day a week — Saturday.
- Your order helps meet minimums for the whole group and, as such, it’s important that you make any final changes, including canceling prior to the buy close date. If you cancel your order after the buy close date more than one time, your account may be frozen in order to recover any lost funds or items. Any shipping from vendors will be divided among the ordering members fairly.
- Our relationships with our vendors and suppliers are important. Items purchased are for Personal Use Only. Resale for profit is prohibited. Contacting the vendor about your order is prohibited. We are able to get great deals on products largely because of our building relationships with our vendors. We want to honor our agreements to keep our pricing within our small and loyal group. In order to ensure we are maintaining our vendor agreements, we ask that you refrain from mentioning your personal products on our sites.
- You’re going to love what you order. Unless your product is recalled or under warranty, it cannot be returned. If anything was recalled (e.g., spice mix), our admin team works to make sure you know what to do and will refund/exchange as outlined in the recall notice. If you bought a product and find that it isn’t what you expected or wanted, we encourage you to post it on our Facebook Buy/Sell/Trade album.
- Your participation is important. We welcome you to get involved on our Facebook board and we encourage you to place at least one order a quarter.
- Google Sheets make it all possible. Google Sheets is our preferred ordering platform.
- Holds happen. Sometimes we have to put a hold on the accounts. Most of the time, this is done to make sure you read a very important message and it’s the easiest way to make sure we get your attention. Also, if there is ever any mix-up or difficulties with your previous orders, we may need to put a hold on your account to figure out what’s happening. So, holds happen, but they happen for a reason…and we’ll be in touch to get everything back to golden.
- Our co-op works best when we all work together. We rely on our members to be good communicators. Our system works because we build trust with our members – we trust members will respect arranged pickup times, we trust that members will pay their invoices promptly and we trust that our members will provide a timely response when/if we contact them. This way, we can all trust each other a little more when it comes to splits, buys and other group activities. A strike will be issued if a member:
- Contacts a vendor directly instead of contacting the Di Vita Organic Co-op
- Fails to pay invoice by deadline
- Fails to pay your shipping invoice by deadline (for the members who have their items shipped directly to them)
- Does not pick up items from drop with in allotted time frame.
- Exhibits any behavior detrimental to the morale or existence of Di Vita Organic Co-op: including policy violation, disrespecting site hosts and site pick-up rules, etc.
We definitely understand that unexpected and important things can come up that may cause you to get a strike. That’s why we have our Strike Policy:
Strike 1: written notice
Strike 2: written notice and a one month freeze, or you can bypass the freeze by paying a $20 fee
Strike 3: written notice and you are out
At the time of your third strike, we assume that the co-op is not a good fit for you. However, we understand that sometimes life happens and you just need to take a little time out and get your business in order. You will have to take a 6 month freeze, and after that time, if you would like to rejoin, you can, by re-registering and paying a $50 fee.
- We are big fans of PayPal and we know you will be too. The site helps us keep track of all the payments coming in and purchases going out. This is the default and preferred method of payment for all your orders through Di Vita Organic Co-op. If by any chance your item(s) are out of stock or a refund needs to be issued, it will be refunded via PayPal.
- Small fees to help . We work hard to find and order the best deals for you and we do most of our work electronically to keep costs down. Member fees are 10% of each order subtotal. Thanks for helping us keep this group growing.
If you have any questions, send an email to DiVitaOrganic@gmail.com.